Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What's the baby doing?

She's in the fun stage right now...just discovering and learning how much she can do. She found her hands a couple of weeks ago, but just this last weekend, figured out she can use them to bat at toys hanging on a bar over her chair. She's also becoming very adept at seeing something and purposefully reaching out and grabbing it - her favorite target so far is my hair.

She can also roll over from her tummy to her back - usually over her left shoulder. And drumroll please...........

She can sit up for about 2 minutes by herself!!! (She turns 4 mos on the 18th.) I know, I know, you don't believe me, but I have a picture to prove it. I was putting oil on her head last night after her bath, and she was sitting in between my legs. I reached back to grab her hat, and realized I wasn't supporting her, but she didn't fall over. Daddy had enough time to grab the camera and get a few shots, so I'll post one as soon as I get it off the camera. It's that cute, really leaning over but trying so hard to keep her head up type of baby sitting.

And have I mentioned that she hates being alone? I'm sure it's a 3rd-baby thing, but even for just a second - if I dash around the corner into the pantry for instance, she'll howl, even if it's not a full fuss, to let me know I need to come back. Both the kids love her to pieces, but I think she prefers Az3 right now - he doesn't try to lay on her. LOL!

No comments: