Saturday, July 10, 2010

VBS 2010 - Saddle Ridge Ranch






June means it's time for Vacation Bible School at our church. This is just one of the many many things our church does so well - so very well organized, the members come out in numbers to help, etc. I taught again this year, as by doing so our youngest gets to go.

The theme this year was Saddle Ridge Ranch - Rounding up questions, Driving home answers. The theme verse was James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, Who gives generously and without condemnation to all..." Love it!! Each day had a different theme that related to this - God has a plan for me so I can ask Him about things that happen, etc. Plus, how can you go wrong with a theme that involves cowboy boots and horses?

I taught 2nd/3rd grade crafts. I really enjoy this, as I get to see the kids each day, plus my lesson plans are already laid out for me - easy peasy! I had some friends help me this year as well - Jessica (a fellow PDO teacher), Lisa (our neighbor across the street), and Lacey (a daughter of a fellow PDO teacher). The pictures are of some of the rooms that were decorated - these teachers here go all out! Our room has the horse corral and a familiar-looking Land Run conestoga. ;)

The best part of VBS was that my oldest was asked to be part of the student-led worship team for the opening and closing ceremonies each day. He agreed and loved it! All of our kids loved the songs, and we still get requests to listen to the CD occasionally. Overall, a great week spent doing Kingdom business!

No comments: