Saturday, July 10, 2010

May...





The first weekend in May was crazy busy for us - but it was wonderful and I wouldn't have traded a minute of it! We had family in town, and to start the weekend off, my dad/brother/I all ran the Austism 5K downtown. What fun! My brother came in with the serious hardcore runners (I think 24th in the whole thing), and I came in about halfway, with my dad coming in at one of his best times as well. I finished right ahead of the Navy guys - meaning they all ran in formation, changing whomever was leading carrying the flag, running in cadence. I found the gentleman that seemed to be the officer in charge later and told him what an honor it was to run with them....then I noticed they were not running with an American flag, but with the "Don't Tread on Me" flag. ;)

The reason the whole family (and I mean whole! My parents, Az1's parents, my sister and daughter, and my brother) was in town was because Az3 and Az4 were both in the children's musical at church. Az4 had a nice solo and she did a great job as usual. Even more exciting was that Az3 had one of the lead parts! I was so proud of him....he worked hard learning his lines, trying to get inflection down, and remembering what he was supposed to do on stage. It was a great little show!

No comments: