Friday, March 18, 2005

Busy Day Yesterday

Phew! It was Az#1's day off, so I had a few things for us to do all together. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, we all had green to wear, and I made the kids "green eggs and ham" for breakfast. (aka scrambled eggs with food coloring and bacon...) We all got on the computer that morning to work on our vacation in Wyoming this summer - literally. I brought in a chair for me to sit next to Az#1, and then Az#'s 3 & 4 needed to bring in chairs as well, so by the time it was all said and done, we had four chairs lined up at the computer, we were all clamoring for our turn to do this or that, and I'm not sure we actually accomplished much.

Then we went out to lunch at Chuck E Cheese's. Hurray! We'd never been before, so the kids had a blast. We also had a million tokens, so it was all I could do to get everyone to choke down some pizza (with green peppers on it Az#3 noticed) before we ran off to play. That place is exhausting - even for us parents! Very nice though, as 98% of the games were working, plenty of attendants to answer questions and help, and everything was very clean. We all came home and slept for a couple of hours, then it was off running some errands. We came home and rounded the day off with green jello for a snack. Yum! Az#4 proclaimed.

By the way, she has started potty training. She's been telling us for a couple of weeks now if she's wet, but I didn't realize how serious she was until yesterday. I caught her mid-squat, asked if she was doing what I thought, and she stared at me. Then, without any prompting, she walked the bathroom, said "potty", and started pulling down her pants. She's gone twice in there, so I guess she's ready, huh?!

No comments: