Monday, July 31, 2006

Happy Monday to you!

I am the only person awake at my house right now. Very pleasant. Just thought I'd bring you up to speed on some things going on around here...

We had a week long birthday celebration for Az4. She loved every minute of it!! We had a great party with her little friends from our playgroup one Saturday - full of Princess and princes running around. I had foam crowns for them to decorate, and we had a little coronation. Now, the game of "freeze" fell way short, but hey, we all had a great time!

Then on her birthday, we let her rule the roost...within reason I promise! Just don't tell anyone about the birthday cake for breakfast, okay?

Then this past Saturday, we had her shindig with family. We went swimming at GrandMommy's house, then had a great meal of chili/hot dogs, and she opened presents. The cake was fantastic - when I download a picture, I'll post it - GrandMommy took a Be11e doll and made the cake her dress - again, it was amazing!! Plus she had a blast opening her presents...the funniest part was when she was reading the cards - she'd open them, say "Happy birthday to you!", and then chunk them to the side. I still chuckle about it.

Az3 came back home Friday from Grammy and Papa's house. It was a nice break to have only 2 kids while he was gone, but I'm glad my little man is back. And just like always, any time he or I are gone for more than a day, he looks so much older! I can't believe he starts 1st grade in 2 weeks! Yep, on the 14th, he really grows up. See, kindergarten was only 3 hours, it was at our church, and I knew he'd be home for lunch, naps, etc. This time, I'm making him a lunch, he's gone from about 8-3, and I'm not sure I'm ready...again!....WaaaaahhhH!! Funny, how as parents, we so hope for our kids to grow up and be mature and good people, but then when it actually happens, we're like "where'd our babies go?"

Speaking of babies, Miss Az5 is doing okay. Her schedule was waaaaaaaayyy off after this weekend, so we're working back to get on it. I fear she is teething as well - very fussy, not so content all the time, chewing chewing chewing!, as well as constant diaper rash. She's still pretty cute though! She gives really good hugs - and wraps one hand around my neck to play with the hair at the nape of my neck. She says mama, dada, baba (which we think may be "bubba"), and ni-ni (night-night). She can patty cake really well, which she demonstrated during her baby dedication this weekend. The pastor was talking about how blessed she was to have parents who are committed to raising her in a Godly house, and she applauded! How precious!!

One last note and then I need to go to bed. I start work on Wednesday. Now, before you spew your drink against your screen or fall out of your chair, let me explain: this is a total God thing. Understand too, we're okay if I don't work...we just aren't getting anywhere fast. So I've been praying alot lately that He would reveal an answer - and allow me to still bless my family. So I'm going to work at a local grocery store as a cashier, the same one I worked at as a cashier my first few semesters in college. The great thing is, they will let me work around my hubby's schedule - meaning ta-da-da!!! No daycare!!!!!!! Hurray!!! Also, this means that I could only work 15-20 hours or so a week, and it is still worth my while - 100% take home. Plus, I'm as close to this store as Daddy is to his, for those of you that know. So while I'm still undecided about leaving the home to work at all, I know it is going to be okay - Daddy and I made this decision together, 100% support of both of us, and the kids are going to get to see him a whole lot more. Praise the Lord!!

No comments: