Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A few thoughts about moving...

So let me just confess before I start any updates that this move has been the biggest emotional wrenching thing I've done in my whole life. It has been harder on me than anyone else in my family - living in the same town almost 30 years (the only place I'd ever known) and then leaving is awful. Hard. And there's just no other way to say it - I think I probably went through a bout of depression over it. Yes, I'll admit to that - there were days when I didn't care what was going on in the world and didn't care to be part of it either. Please understand - I've been through incredibly difficult/hard times in my life before, but I still had my family (extended) around; I still lived in the same place - still walked into the grocery store and knew almost everyone, still went to the same church, still knew how to get any where in town by shortcuts, etc. I still drove by my high school and college on a regular basis. These were all things that comforted me.

Now the Lord had shaken me to the core of who I was, and all I had to lean on was Him and the beautiful family He had provided. While it is a scary thing to have everything in life turned topsy-turvy, the blessing is that HE is enough - He is sufficient! Praise God that He loves me (and my family) enough to not just provide for my salvation but also for my mental well-being. And more than enough for our physical needs and even some wants too! More to come on all of that in future posts...but rest assured, I am now back towards feeling like the "normal" me, a more wholesome me, but wanted you to understand what a life-changing event this move has been for me, more so than anyone else.

No comments: